Are You A B.A.B.E?

Are You A B.A.B.E?
Join The Revolution!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Steer Clear of the Clearance Aisle!


You can almost smell it - a sale!  Look at all those shelves with red and yellow stickers, permeating the air with wonderful fragrances of 50%-75% off.  You think you’re going to pass out from the overwhelming aromas of saving money.  But wait!  That mass in your head - your brain - it’s starting to work,  Hold on, do you really need that sky blue vase for $1.50?  Those brown pants are a great bargain for $15, but you already have 2 pair & now it’s spring.  But look at the pretty signs!  The store is begging you to take all this crap off their hands!  You’re just trying to be a good customer!  But your brain is stronger than that; you’re  B.A.B.E!
Oh to resist the machine that is the sale.  When you start to respect your money, not just love it for how it makes you feel, you will start to feel a sense of power, a sense of control, over what you choose to do with your money.
I will never forget the day I chose not to enter the clearance aisle.  I will not tell you the store, lest my coolness factor be shot all to heck.  I took one step inside the “area” and my brain kicked me in the back of my own head.  ”YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING IN THIS CLEARANCE SECTION.  BACK AWAY FROM THE SALE”.  I swear other people could hear what my brain just screamed at me.  I in fact, did not need one thing from that sale section.  I chose to walk away and now regularly do that.  I feel a sense of control over my money and have far more of it in my wallet, now that I passed over that $1.50 sky blue vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment