Are You A B.A.B.E?

Are You A B.A.B.E?
Join The Revolution!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marketing Your Food


As I was cooking my eggs this morning (organic & 2/3 egg whites w spinach), I was thinking about how when I have the good fortune of getting my eggs from a local woman, I frequently get an egg with double yolks.  When I buy eggs, even organic (or not), that never happens.  Why?  Because mass-produced eggs get x-rayed (or whatever it is they do) so that all our eggs are perfect..the same size, the same color, etc.  Are we really that pampered?  Seriously, do we have to have all our eggs that uniform?  You can go through a plethora of things we buy and see how it’s been marketed so we like it better:  our pickles are colored with food coloring (NOT good) so they look more “pickle like”, I guess, add all kinds of color so cheese products look “cheesier” & we bleach paper (toilet, writing, towels) SUPER white so it looks better??  To wipe your, well, anyway, there is obviously not a need for it to be super white.  
We color everything, make it all perfect, all so we’ll buy it.  It just seems strange how we’ve gotten to this point.  The whole process really treats us as though we are that dumb, that easily manipulated, that we have to have the “pretty colors” in order to buy the [food].  There have been several studies (possibly) linking food colorants and additives to ADHD.  I don’t know; I’m just sayin’….

No comments:

Post a Comment